Writing is a vital part of our curriculum. All children from Foundation Stage to Year 6 are provided with many opportunities to develop and apply their writing skills across the curriculum. We want every child to leave Kenn with the skills of an excellent writer who:
● has the ability to write with fluency and has an author`s voice.
● Can think about the impact they want their writing to have on the writer and know how they will achieve this.
● Has a sophisticated bank of vocabulary and an excellent knowledge of writing techniques to extend details or description.
● Displays excellent transcription skills that ensure writing is well presented, punctuated, spelled correctly and neat.
● Plans, re-reads, edits and improves their writing so that every piece of writing they produce is to the best of their ability and better than they last.
Throughout their time in the Kenn, children develop their skills by exploring a whole range of different genres, with a focus on exploring a range of models of excellence and using these to guide the drafting and editing process. We not only develop a real enjoyment of writing in English lessons but in all subjects across the curriculum. We expect the highest standards of writing every time a child writes in any subject.