Teachers: Mrs Crouch and Mr Baxter
CLASS 3 Curriculum Letter Summer 2022
We are delighted to welcome the children back to school following the Easter break. The children in Class 3 have been brilliant fun to teach so far, they are a bright and energetic group! There are a few minor changes for this half term – mainly around homework and recording reading at home.
Following feedback from several parents, we are going to be setting homework tasks in books again. Hopefully this will be easier for parents to manage and support the children.
To encourage children to read at home regularly and to take responsibility for bringing in their reading book, we will be running a class reward system to celebrate the children who read regularly at home:
- All children will be given a new reading record book. Please sign in the book when your child has read to an adult or to themselves for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- When a child has 5 signatures, they can show it to their class teacher and they will receive a raffle ticket, which will be drawn on Fridays to win extra playtime.
- Children will be asked to bring in their reading book and reading record book each day.
We will continue to use Accelerated Reader (AR), which assesses reading levels through vocabulary and comprehension. From your child’s results, we help them choose a book at an appropriate level which they can get from the library. We would like you to continue listening to your child read in line with our homework policy (at least 15 minutes a day). Once they have read the book, they complete a comprehension quiz in school. Please ensure your child brings his or her reading book and reading diary to school every day.
Times Table Rockstars and Spelling Shed will be set most weeks. Quest work will be given once a half term and the children will have longer to complete this.
This will continue to be on Mondays and Fridays.
Please ensure that children continue to wear the correct PE kit into school on Mondays and Fridays – plain trainers, a plain, dark tracksuit and a t-shirt in the colour of their house team.
We are really looking forward to a happy and hard working half term. Please email the office if you have any questions, or come and speak to us after school.
This year, the children will stick to a similar routine most days:
- Daily Mile
- Mrs Crouch will be teaching on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays
- Mr Baxter will be teaching on Fridays
- The children will have PE with Mr Tyrrell on Fridays and PE with Mrs Crouch on Mondays – children will need to wear their PE kits into school on Mondays and Fridays
Things to Remember
- Send your child into school with a water proof coat every day
- Put name tags on all items!
- PE kit to be worn into school on a Monday and a Friday
- Drinks bottles are needed in school every day
Please see the homework books for the latest homework. Ensure your child brings in their books, to allow us to stick in their new work.
Please come in to see us if you have any questions or queries.
The Class 3 Team
For an overview of the entire Year 3 and Year 4 curricula please click on the link below.